Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sports Day Interrupted

So, it has been awhile since I have posted anything because we have been to Seattle and back to visit Stephanie, Aaron, Moe and Archie. We had a great time and I will get to that later, but 1st we have to start with Sports Day at the Elementary School. This took place on May 30th, the day we were leaving for Seattle. I had talked to the kids and I thought that we had everything worked out. Claire had made the relay team for the 2/3's and the qualifying races were to be run 1st thing in the morning. If her team made it to the finals then we would stay the day and she would race. If her team did not make the finals then we would be on our way shortly after lunch. You see, we had to stay for lunch because it was hot dogs!!! Oh the tragedy of missing out on hot dog lunch!! How could I even suggest leaving early!!

Anyway, we had a thunder storm blow through Friday morning. I got a call from Claire that the relay race had been delayed until 11:00, along with the rest of Sports Day because everything was wet. OK, I could wait until 11:00 am. Got to the school and the kids did not start coming out until about 11:15. Jesus people lets get things started!! As I was heading into the school to see when and where we were running this relay I was told by Mrs. B that there would be no relay races as the track was still wet!! SWEET, I could get Claire and Daniel and get the heck out of there!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Claire freaked out and started crying when I suggested it as she would miss the ENTIRE DAY!!! OKOKOKOKOK, calm down, you can participate in a few activities have your frigg'in hot dogs and we will be on our way!! It would be nice to get to our overnight destination before midnight! Claire carried on with her group, only giving me a minor evil eye, as I headed off to find Daniel. He was good to go anytime as he didn't really care about hot dog lunch and could eat his lunchable in the van as long as he could play his DS he was fine. Didn't care at all about Sports Day. Told him I would catch up with him later. Claire got to do the Skipping, high jump, frisbee toss and basketball shoot before we left. She got to eat her hot dogs and get chips and a freezee from the canteen. Good day I thought!

Claire cried 1/2 way to Red Deer. Our trip was off to a great start. Here are some pics that I took during Sports Day Interrupted.


The Girls in line for the Basketball Shoot

Hot dog Time!!

Skipping Station.
Claire was one of the top 5 at this Station

Claire Wins High Jump!!

Waiting to compete at High Jump

Claire's BFF Shae, High Jumps

Shae finished High Jump

The Frisbee Toss
Daniel chillax'in

No comments: