Wednesday, May 28, 2008

RANDOM PATIENCE EVENTS

Hello everyone! Just thought I would get in 1 last blog post before the kids and I left for Seattle on Friday. This is just a bunch of random pictures of things that have happened since we got home from Nationals on the 19th so, enjoy!

NEW VISITOR TO THE PASTURE
Curtis had told me that there had been a Blue Heron at the pond and, of course, he did not have any photographic evidence so, we had to only assume that it was his active imagination and that there would be a giraffe there tomorrow. BUT, the next afternoon there he was back again! I was in the kitchen and when I spotted him I said "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD" to Mesa who was following me and who I nearly knocked down sneaking to the office to get the camera. Yes, when there is something at the pond that I want to take pictures of, I sneak around the house so that I don't scare them off! I got the camera and hid behind the vertical blinds to get the shot and as soon as I stood in front of the window where he could see me, he flew off. Chester was outside in the dog run and he was going crazy! He did not like the look of that big bird at our pond. NO WAY!




CLAIRE
These are a couple of pictures that I took of Claire. She likes to come for walks in the pasture with me when Chester is doing his zoomies and the other dogs are sniffing stuff and having a good old doggie time. This truck topper was left when the other people moved out and Claire likes to sit on it.



We were at breakfast last weekend in Spruce Grove and I was sitting beside Claire and I noticed that the bridge of her nose is covered in little freckles!! She commented that that many was OK, but hopefully she wouldn't end up with as many as Me and Auntie Mee-Mee. OH THE HORROR!!!!



PLANTING A GARDEN
We are going to attempt to plant a garden. We were doing to do it last weekend, but it was way too wet. So, hopefully we will get the potatoes and onions in the ground before I leave on Friday, otherwise, Curtis will be planting them while we are gone.
We are also going to have lettuce and salad mix, white and green cucumbers, 2 types of tomatoes, carrots, green and yellow beans, zuccinni and peas. I have never planted a garden before, but I love to buy stuff so, I went a little overboard. We are going to have red and BLUE potatoes. Curtis could not believe the blue ones when we cut them for seed! He said "couldn't you just buy regular potatoes?" Of course not.



TRAMPOLINE
At Christmas time the kids were very lucky to receive money from their Baba and Gedo to buy them a trampoline in the spring. Canadian Tire had them on sale the week before we left for Ottawa so, I went and picked one up. Curtis put it together while Daniel and I were gone and Claire got to enjoy it by herself for a few days. I think the kids have been on it everyday since it was put up and they are usually not on it by themselves. You will notice the orange cat in the picture. That is Tracker and he is so happy that kids moved to his house. He does not go on the trampoline unsupervised, only when the kids are on it too.




SIDNEY ENJOYING HIS PASTURE AND SPRING


BIRTHDAY PREZZIES
Yesterday was my 35th birthday. I got an AWESOME Pink BlackBerry Pearl from Curtis and my Mom and Dad gave me two small serving dishes for my china and two of the Waterford crystal glasses that I collect. These are the glasses that I have that are similar to each other (i.e. not wine glasses). The two on the right of the picture are my new ones. They are different than anything that I have, but who cares. They all look good together. I would like two of the bigger/wider ones next time (wink wink). Thanks Mom and Dad and Steph, see you in two days and we will go out for dinner then!

2 comments:

chiropollock said...

I had to get up and look in the mirror to see how many of those awful freckles I have on my face. Turns out I have LOTS!! Like the nose ring you just kinda stop seeing them. Isn't planting stuff exciting. I am so excited to have fresh tomatoes and cucumbers in a month or so and I can't get enough of flowers.

Mrs. Mathis' Homeroom said...

We are also attempting to plant a garden this year. Also my first try. We're keeping it simple though...just a few things.
About the blue potatoes, Colin's uncle says that they are the BEST tasting potatoes ever. He said that it's quite the conversation starter to have blue mashed potatoes, but they're awesome. Let me know what you think of them! Maybe I'll try it next year too!