Monday, June 23, 2008

Seattle Wrap Up

On our 4th day in Seattle, we slept in and just took it easy at the house until after lunch.  Then we made a quick trip into the City to check out Pike Place Market.  The kids and I spent some money, Claire and I got some beautiful hold-it-all little cosmetic bags and she used her's as a wallet as she had been carrying her money around in a paper bag.  Daniel found two dragons that were to his liking and Claire also found a very tiny cat and rat figurine to spruce up her room.

We had coffee at Le Panier, this awesome french bakery right by the market that reminds me of the one that Daniel and I love to go to in Ottawa.  Claire had this delicious Merangue cookie and the rest of us had equally yummy goodies and I had a great cafe latte.



We got Gelato to eat on the way home, but unfortunately, mine ended up on the street!  I can be so clumsy some times.  Everyone else thought it was super funny and I have to admit it was worth a laugh!

On Thursday Stephanie and Aaron both headed off to work and the kids and I relaxed and did some laundry until after lunch then we headed to Target to get some goodies and to Bellevue to check out the Whole Foods store.  That place is awesome and I was able to bring home a case of my favorite bottled, water.  Thursday night we went to Stir, a great Japanese/Chinese restaurant for supper right in Renton.  Daniel tried Tofu cashew and thought that it was pretty good!  Claire and I stuck to your basic Chinese food and of course, Auntie Mee-Mee had the crazy Sushi.

We headed home on Friday morning at about 10:00 am and arrived at our overnight spot in Fernie at around 8:00 pm.  We had an amazing trip and would do it again in a heartbeat.  It really isn't that bad a drive when spaced over two days and the views/scenery are great all the way.

THANKS AGAIN STEPH AND AARON FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY!!

1 comment:

chiropollock said...

Wow you have a much better recolection of the events that transpired when you were here than I do. It all seemed to fly by so fast.