Friday, June 20, 2008

Seattle Day 1, Part 2


After we got back to shore from our trip to Tillicum Village, we decided that we had enough time left to head over to Alki Beach and check it out.  This is the beach that Sam and Jonah travel to to fly a kite in the movie Sleepless in Seattle.  You can also go on a boat tour and see the boat house that they lived in, but alas, we will have to save that for another trip.

The beach is really nice and the kids enjoyed stretching their legs.  The weather was less than ideal, but I know that my hardy northern canadian kids would have swam if they would have had their suits!  It was a nice place to just sit for an hour anyway and now I can say that I have been there.

Alki Beach lighthouse from the boat to Tillicum Village


Alki was the place that the 1st white settlers landed in Seattle and they called it New York Alki (by and by) hence the Statue of Liberty.  Thank you Aaron for lending my your book on Seattle area beaches as I learned this little fact from your book!


Claire having fun


Daniel with some seaweed, yes, he tried it and put it in his mouth

No comments: