Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maggie

Maggie was an amazing dog. She had personality. She was a Diva. She was loved.

The following is the post that Sue, Maggie's Mom, sent me after she crossed the Rainbow Bridge on January 7, 2011.

Airborn Magic raced into our hears and Maggie filled our lives with incredible laughter and joy. Yesterday, she lost her vinal battle with lymphoma and crossed the bridge to join her brother, Caine, and the many other wonderful grays who have passed before her.

You have my heart, Maggie. Race with it!

I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?
Sir Walter Scott

I first met Maggie when she was fresh off the track at the tender age of 3 when she came to be fostered at my place in Red Deer in March of 2004. We loved her right from the beginning. The following picture is of her in her xpen in my livingroom. She LOVED to collect toys (be they kid or dog) and pretty much anything else she could get jammed in that pen. I was so very happy for her when she found her forever home with Sue and her family and so sad that I had to let her go. I did not know when I dropped her off that day that I would see her often as Sue would become a fellow volunteer for Chinook Winds. I had the pleasure of watching her "tell" the newbies that showed up in her yard, the rules, I had the pleasure of watching her turn on the charm at more than one Meet and Greet and I had the pleasure of seeing her grow old as a happy, settled retired racer.
She wasn't mine, but she had a piece of my heart. God speed, Maggie.



1 comment:

chiropollock said...

Hang in there it should be over soon.