Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An evening at the Ballet

Last night Claire and I went into Edmonton to the Northern Jubilee Auditorium and watch the ballet, Swan Lake, performed by the Moscow City Ballet Company. We had terrace(balcony) seats and a whole row to ourselves (there were only 3 seats to start with).

It was beautiful, and so was my daughter. I just love getting to spend these evenings with her. They are so special and what memories are made of. We found her dress at Ricki's and I think that she looks stunning. Of course, winter arrived yesterday so, she wore her dress with leggings and boots, instead of bare legs and ballet flats.

If you don't know the story, here is a link to the Synopsis so that you have a better understanding. Knowing the story is great, but you don't need it to admire the amazing ability of these dancers. The girls have muscles on their bodies that I am pretty sure have never existed on mine.

An amazing night, now, what should we see next. Nana, want to come to the Nutcracker?

1 comment:

chiropollock said...

Claire you look so beautiful and I think the leggings look really hip. So lucky you live so close to such wonderful arts. I've been a couple times and it is just breath taking.