Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SEEMS LIKE WINTER IS NEVER GOING TO END

Today it was -33 when I was driving to work. Over the weekend we got another 4 inches of snow resulting in me getting stuck in my driveway and spending my Monday evening getting unstuck. Thank you to Faron and Garth who came and finally pushed me out and then helped push my dead quad back to the garage. Thank you to Carlam for talking me down off the ledge when I called him on my cell phone, completely hysterical, sitting in my van, stuck in my driveway. I am soooo over winter. I need a break from it all together. I am tired of buying wood to heat my house, I am tired of helping my poor old girl, Flynn, into the house when she freezes up in the yard and I am tired of cleaning up dog pee on my kitchen floor because my poor old Flynn just can't bear to go out in this shitty weather. I am tired of freezing when I go to bed and freezing when I get up in the morning.

I know that there are many of you fellow Canadians who feel the same so, I thought that today I would share some of my favorite pics from last summer to show us all that there is hope and that there is warmer weather around some distant corner, somewhere.


a stack of rainbow bees at Pride Day in Edmonton, Alberta



Water Lilies in Riding Mountain National Park, Manitoba




A copilot at the drag races in Fairview, Alberta



Daniel and Claire swinging at Big Sky Montana


Daniel hanging on to a dino tail in southern Alberta


My dear friend, Christie



Claire sitting on that Dino in southern Alberta.



Conducting traffic at the Fairview, Alberta drag races



And my favourite summer picture from 2010 was taken by
Claire of her cousin Jorja. She just personifies summer in this shot.

No comments: