Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Office Outing for 2011

So, last week on Thursday we had our annual summer office outing. Last year we went to an Edmonton Capitals baseball game and this year we went to see the Capital Ex Parade in downtown Edmonton and then to The Taste Of Edmonton in Churchill Square.

Parade was sort of boring and waaaay too long, but Taste of Edmonton was yummy!!! Amanda was my date since neither Carlam or her boyfriend, Jay, could come with us on Thursday. We all got 25 tickets from Ed and Michelle along with some spending money. I had a mini steak sandwich, crispy wantons stuffed with cream cheese and crab meat, chocolate strawberry crepe and lava cake. I had a lychee bubble tea to drink. All was delish!!!

Here are some pictures that I took of our day.

There were three pipe bands in the parade.
This one looked the best. LOVE the wolf
drapes on the backs of the drummers.






Big dude, tiny car.


Every parade has Shriner Clowns




There are never enough horses in a parade for me. They bring back
memories of watching the Calgary Stampede Parade
with my Grandpa Cryderman when I was young.
I even love the way they smell.



Westjet flying high



First Nations dancer



Red Serge marching in the morning sun.


This is the sample of the lava cake I had. Mine had raspberry
ice cream instead of the rubber ball!


This guy was just thrilled with the jazz music being played.
Amanda and I enjoyed watching him dance with all the little
kids while we sat in the beer gardens and sipped our
Sangria!!

No comments: