Friday, July 8, 2011

It Was Great Having You Come to Visit

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have thoroughly enjoyed having Will and Kate come to visit our country. I think that they truly have seen the best that Canada has to offer. I have watched the news every night (rarely do I do that) to see what they have been up to everyday and I have religiously checked the website, http://www.whatkatewore.com/ to get the details on all of her great clothes!!!

Before I share my favourite moments of the tour, I would like to make a couple of comments. I think that, while on their tour, they should have spent a day with Claire and Daniel's Baba for some serious and seriously fattening Ukrainian food! Kate needs to eat a little bit more and get a little bit more meat on her bones. I found that most of her clothes looked big and I am sure that they are a size 0 already!!! I just think that us Canadian granola girls would feel a little bit better if her bum was just a little bit rounder. The other thing that I found disturbing is that Kate has a English accent!!!! I know, I know, DUH!!!, she is from England, but I just think that she is very, very down to earth and that an English accent just doesn't suit!!!! I think she should speak Canadian!!!! Anyway, I know, where are my meds!!!

With that all being said, here are my favourite moments:


Kate threatening to throw Will off the dock in PEI

Kate looked like she was having a genuinely good time while she was here.

This and the following were my favorite outfits that Kate wore while
she was here.

On Canada Day in Ottawa, she wore the dress that she wore previously
for her engagement photos. The critics thought that it was great for the photos,
but too short for an official visit as Dutches. Carlam thought that it looked
just fine! And the Fascinator is AWESOME!!!!
Way better than those Dr. Seuss style Canadian hats!!


This is our military at it's best. Loading Will and Kate's fancy clothes!!
I don't know if they need full on fatigues for this duty, but they look good!


Kate hugging little Diamond. Diamond has cancer and her Make a Wish dream
was to meet Kate. Pretty heavy stuff for our Miss Kate.




This is the letter the Diamond wrote to Kate. Made me teary and laugh at
at the same time. LOVE how Diamond asks Kate who her favourite Princess is.



This little girl's look is priceless and exactly how I felt everyday
sharing this tour with Will and Kate.


This is my friend, Heather's little girl, Lauren, on Canada Day.
Lauren lives in England with her Mom and Dad. Isn't she adorable??
I know that this has nothing to do with the Royal Tour except Lauren
loves Canada too!!! Thanks for lending us your Prince and Princess!!!

2 comments:

terriknits said...

I love this post! I really enjoyed the Royal Visit, too. They look like a well-matched couple that actually love and enjoy each other. I think it was refreshing to see!

chiropollock said...

I am totally in love with Will and Kate, like obsessed really. It seems like they really really like each other and I was so glad to see them getting so hands on during their tour of Canada. Now I understand Grandma Pollock's collection of royal books.