Wednesday, June 1, 2011

U2 TONITE

OMG!!! I am insanely excited that I am taking Claire and Daniel to see U2 tonite. I feel that as their mom, it is one of my maternal duties to take them to see this band!!! U2 has been so influential in so many lives and have done so much for humanity. I know, it is just a band, BUT IT IS U2 PEOPLE!!!!

My U2 memory is from the TV show, Friends, and Ross and Rachel. I was completely blown away when Ross requested With or Without You for Rachel on the radio. I was 21 when that episode aired and living in an apartment with Curtis on Hermary Street in Red Deer. I was in my first year of College and so in love with that show and still so open to the possibilities of this world. Oh to still be young and carefree!!!!



I also think that this concert is a sort of a goodbye to Claire and Daniel's childhood. Daniel is 13 and Claire is 11. There aren't going to be many more concerts that they are going to be excited about going to with their Mom. They are going to want to hang out with their friends and do things on their own and surprisingly, I am OK with that. I am glad that they are growing up and becoming little independent people.

BUT, tonite is for the three of us and making a memory to last a lifetime and maybe even longer. Someday I hope and conversation between them starts, "Hey Claire, remember that time Mom took us to see U2......"



No comments: