Sunday, January 11, 2009

Working 9-5

So....  at the beginning of December Curtis was relaxing at the kitchen table reading the local weekly newspaper when he came across an employment ad for a full time receptionist at Patriot Law Group in Onoway.  Let's just say HE was very excited.  I saw the rapid end of my "retirement". 
To make a long story short, I applied for the position and after two interviews became the newest member of the firm.  I am working from 9-5 Monday to Friday, but I have heard that most Friday's we get to go home early.  
This last week, January 5th - 9th was my first week back working full time since 1996.  No, I am not kidding.  To say the least, by Thursday, I was pretty tired!   


This picture was taken Thursday morning after my shower and 1 cup of coffee.

All kidding aside and the loss of my mid morning nap, I am really enjoying being out and conversing with grown ups about something other than karate, elementary school and highland dance.  My employers, Ed and Michelle Gallagher are great and my co-workers Dalphine and Carla are very nice and easy to get along with too.  I am filling in a mat leave position for the previous receptionist, but I am hoping that it lasts more than the year.  Have to say I don't miss my friends, Ellen and Oprah, much at all ( I catch most of Ellen before I head to work).

4 comments:

grandma pollock said...

I sure hope you improve on the face before you head out!! (ie..a smile)

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

Oh you are funny!!! Don't worry, my new friends Mac and Este Lauder help me out considerably!!

Mrs. Mathis' Homeroom said...

Hahaha! Congrats on the new job!! I know how it feels...it's nice to be around grown-ups and not talk about your kids!! LOL

chiropollock said...

Wow, you look about as mean as you used to at the breakfast table in highschool. At least you've matured to the point that you can get yourself out of bed now. GOOD JOB, we're proud of you!!