Monday, January 12, 2009

Handmade Goodies from Mom

Just before Christmas I was perusing Etsy.com for good Christmas gifties and I found this super awesome scarflette thingy and really wanted it, but not for that kind of money.  Soo...  I called Mom and Auntie Judy (who happened to be visiting and is also an awesome knitter) and they said that if I found some cool yarn, Mom could easily knit scarflettes for me.  Now, I don't know how familiar you all are with Etsy, but there are about 100,000,000 yarn makers on the site and it took me about a week to just choose two.  The first is from Loop and she lives just outside Washington DC and makes these amazing hand spun yarn that frankly looks like Dreadlocks, but much softer.  This particular yarn is call Hot Mulled Cider.



The 2nd Scarflette is made from a yarn called Snow in the City by Larimeloom and she lives in Alba, Northern Italy.  I LOVE having a scarf made out of yarn by some totally talented creative girl from Italy!!


I hope you think they are super cute too.  I have worn the Snow in the City already and think that I will wear the other this week for sure.  You can place orders with my Mom since she is retired now and in full hybernation!

2 comments:

grandma pollock said...

oh, I do like how they turned out!

chiropollock said...

I LLLOOOVVEEE the cider one. It looks like the colors are great and its nice and chunky.