Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Superbee has landed


On April 28th, 2008, Curtis was finally able to make arrangements to pick up his car after two agonizing weeks of waiting.  He is completely in love and says it is the best birthday present he has ever bought himself!! I think that it looks cool and sounds cool, but it does not smell very good. It has been in storage for a long time and it smells like an old man that has not had a good bath for quite some time. I think that the kids and I are going to get him a case of those trees to hang from the rear view mirror. He may need to use the whole box at once!
Since the car has come home I have seen Curtis only when he has come into the house to eat and then a few minutes before he goes to bed. He has been outside constantly and is waxing the "bee" as I type this. Too funny! Enjoy the pictures!



3 comments:

terriknits said...

That's a COOL car! When you first posted about it (a couple of weeks ago?) I thought it was a -new- car; you know how they've been bringing back some of the retro designs (the Mustang, the Charger, etc.) and thought this was just one I hadn't heard of yet.

But it's an original SuperBee! Sweet!

chiropollock said...

I looks pretty cool but I don't know anything about cars. When I told Aaron it was a Duke's of Hazard car and that it didn't seem that special, he looked at me with his eyes all bugged out and said "not that special??? It was a car that had its own character on a TV show!!!!" (in other words "are you Totally clueless"????)

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

I am also among the clueless, but boys seem to get very excited about this car. I would much rather have a little Triumph in dark green to cruise to and from the cabin in.