Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Moose Sighting, FINALLY!!!



Monday morning was our 1st day back to school and regular life since our March break the week before and our big trip to MB. I had to get up early because I had to drive a dog to Lloydminster that day and was leaving when the kids left for school so, I was up and out of the shower by shortly after 7:00 am. When I walked into the bedroom after coming from the washroom, there before my very eyes was a MOOSE on the road! This is incredible for me because since we have arrived at this place last July, I have been hoping to see a Moose in my yard. I love Moose. I think they are amazingly huge creatures and I think the love stems from my love of draft horses and the fact that Moose are quite similar. Anyhoo, THERE WAS A MOOSE!!!!! Luckily my camera was just in the office. So, I got to take these pictures. I snapped the first when he was on the road and then I ran to the top of the stairs and hollered for the kids to come and see. They came with a little bit (OK quite a bit) of grumbling because the alarm had not gone off yet, but Daniel did see it, Claire did not. When I got back to the window the Moose was no longer on the road, but eating the bushes at the top of our yard. Well, now Chester did not like this big hairy beasty that close to his house and he started a very low menacing growl. Then the moose was through the hedge and coming towards the house! I was very excited, but Chester's growls were getting much louder and much more menacing. The moose came down the yard towards the house until he was about 20 feet away. Just before the Moose turned and headed across the yard Chester high tailed it for the office! He really thought the Moose was coming to get us! Great help he is going to be if we are ever attacked by anything. Anyway, the Moose headed across the yard in front of the front deck and behind the house and back behind the fire pit out of sight. The last picture is blurry because he is runnning across the yard.

I can't wait to see him again!!!!

1 comment:

chiropollock said...

You do live in a winter wonderland. Hoepfully there are no bears because you have no one to save you. At leat I only have bugs to worry about!