Monday, October 3, 2011

Drag Wars, 2011

HI!!!

I know that I have been lax in updating this blog, but I have an excuse, I have been busy!!! School is back in full swing and there are a million and one things to do at work lately!!!

Anyway, back in August, the kids and I accompanied Carlam to Drag Wars in Grande Prairie. He was volunteering as the race announcer and the kids and I were just there to suck in the exhaust and relish in the loud noise. Oh and they had mini donuts!!!!

Here are some of my favourite shots from the weekend.




Racer's meeting







Good to know the rules before you get started
Start your engines!!!!



Mini Dragster. These are driven by kids under the age of 16

Eyeball headlights

Major Burnout

Bing 1 This little guy gets the funny cars to the track


Super cute, but very shy, announcer guy.



Smoke is a big deal and very much loved at the track.













Where there's smoke there's usually..... fire.


My favourite car of the season.




Mustang burnout





Duck hood ornament on the front of a Chevy Nova.





Car driven by my racing crush, Luc. This is the loudest


car at the track and it literally rattles your cage. LOVE IT!!!!!!






Seriously, can we go home yet?

No comments: