Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oilers vs. Canucks

Claire and I got to go to our 1st NHL game last night. We watched the Edmonton Oilers beat the Vancouver Canucks 2-0. It was AWESOME!!!!! I was confused at the beginning because I am used to the commentator on the radio or TV let you know when everything is about to happen and there was no announcement that the puck was about to drop to start the game. That was I think, when I realized that I was actually witnessing an NHL game in person!!!! We had amazing seats right behind the visitor's goal and if I would have pressed my nose through a hole in the Plexiglas, I am sure I could have smelled Roberto Luongo and the Sedin Sisters. There was one ejection for a nasty hit and a sort of fight, but otherwise a pretty clean game. I think based on personal knowledge now, that I have decided that Ryan Jones, who plays for Edmonton, will be my official NHL boyfriend. I am currently looking for a new NFL boyfriend since Brett Favre decided to flash his goodies and retire. Any suggestions?

Anyway, Claire and I had a great time and I think that we will make an effort to go again next year, for sure. I will have to go with Daniel this time, but that would be OK too. The only thing that would have made last night just that much better is if Don Cherry and Ron MacLean had picked us up and taken us to the game.



The National Anthem (that is Roberto Luongo in goal for Vancouver)


Me and the players



Claire and the players



At the end of the game, all the Oilers converge on centre ice and salute the fans. I have no idea if this happens at the end of every NHL game, but I have always thought it was pretty cool.

1 comment:

chiropollock said...

I'm super jealous that you got to go to a real NHL game.