Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You know you have moved to the country when....


A stranger shows up on your doorstep and asks you if you would like to buy a beautiful arial photo of your acreage.  Curtis couldn't resist so, we now have a nice shot of our place to hang on the wall with the nice picture that we have of his Baba and Gedo's farm back in MB.  



The following picture is the print that I got from Mom and Dad for Christmas a couple of years ago and was supposed to get framed.  I finally got it done this spring and Mom has not seen it yet.  So, here it is.  I think that it looks smashing.  The print is a pencil drawing of my Grandma Pollock's farm in Brandon, MB.  This is the house that my Dad grew up in!  Pretty cool!  I can still smell the warm wind laced with the coal from the back porch.  


No comments: