Monday, January 21, 2008

Chia Pet

Claire and Daniel received and Donkey Chia Pet for Christmas from Auntie Marj and Uncle Bill. Thank you Auntie Marj and Uncle Bill!!!
We soaked the seeds and the Chia last week and finally got to plant it on January 11th, 2008. By early last week there were signs that stuff was starting to grow! It is a little creepy looking and you have to be very careful that you constantly are filling it with water to keep the clay wet, but it seems to be growing!


Daniel and Claire placing the gooey seeds on the Chia Pet.


My veggie boy trying the seeds. He said they tasted good!




This is what the Chia looked like on January 18th, 2007. We will let you know if anymore grow!

2 comments:

chiropollock said...

I LOVE CHIA PETS. I still fondly remember my hippo one I got from Daniel the first year I lived in Seattle. I didn't eat the seeds though.

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

Really!?!?!? You didn't eat the seed!?!?!? Daniel will be shocked that you didn't try them!