Monday, June 11, 2007

OK, Let's give this a shot!







This is my first post. Most people are organized and have pictures of their entire family and all that good stuff. I am going to have to make do with the photos I have on this computer and then when I have time to figure it out more, I will add family photos. I just got this Mac about two months ago and those of you that know me, I am very busy. We are moving to Onoway, Alberta in the next couple of weeks and it is then summer and I should have time to get some computer/photos organized. The kid's activities will diminish greatly over the summer and I will also not be working which should open up scads of time!

Anyway, speaking of kids, Daniel earned the right, this spring, to represent Alberta at the WKA National Championships in Hull, Quebec. He competed in the -12 year old boy division in Kata and also the -12 year old boy, -30 kg weight class for point and continuous fighting. He won a bronze medal in the continuous fighting and 2nd place for day two and 4th overall (two day event) for point fighting. He did spectacularily well and we are very proud of him.

This is truly one of the things that makes me so sad about moving. Don't get me wrong, I am excited, but also very sad. We have made wonderful friends at karate. Daniel has a great group of kids to hang out with five days a week and I have a great group of parents, never mind the fact that my son is losing the most influential male role model he has in his life, outside of his Dad, Papa and Gedo. Senei Gary has taken a scared 5 year old boy and turned him into a fighting machine. He has also boosted his confidence and showed him the man inside the boy. Does that make sense? I just hope that we can find another role model in Edmonton. We are going to check out two Dojo's in Edmonton. I think that one has the discipline that Daniel needs while the other has the WKA experience that he needs. We will see what we decide and I will, of course, keep you posted!

Enjoy some of the pictures I took at Nationals!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Welcome to blogging!!! Yay!

Jenn said...

Daniel
Congratulations! I still remember all your fierce kata (?) moves that you showed us at Auntie Steph's wedding. Too cool.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Daniel on a great showing in Hull. Too bad we didn't get to see these moves on Bield Hill this winter!

chiropollock said...

Yipee! I am so excited you are blogging now. I was just thinking this morning that it would be great to see what your family is up to.

lenswoodlady said...

Hey Morg was talking about you and your black hair again yesterday.