Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I made AWESOME blankets!!!

I have to give props to my friend, Cindy M., she showed me how to make these awesome super easy blankets.  You just need two pieces of fleece, a yard and a half each.  Then you lay them bad sides together and even them up a bit.  They do not have to be perfect.  Then you cut out the 4 corners and then you cut 1 inch wide x about 3 inch long strips all the way around the blanket.  Once you have all your strips cut you tie the top and bottom corresponding strips!  Super, super easy.  If that was completely confusing, you can get the directions here, but keep in mind her directions are much more exact and she did her knots differently.   I felt like a pro making my blankets while I watched Project Runway last night.


Claire's blanket is being modeled by our new foster,
Tazzy Guiness
 (we are in the process of changing his name from Taz to Guiness)


Daniel found an interesting use for his new blanket today.  So, can also double 
as a midevil fighting robe if necessary!  Mom, now you know what was
under the sweater!

5 comments:

terriknits said...

That's a really nice sweater! Lucky Daniel. And those blankets - what a greyt idea! I am a very unskilled seamstress/sewer but even *I* should be able to do that!! Just think of all the cute fleece fabrics that are out there ...

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

You could totally make these blankets! I am a "knda measure, cut and swear" girl myself!

Mrs. Mathis' Homeroom said...

I love those blankets. I made three of them last Christmas for my kids and niece and they were a HUGE hit! I'm still getting tons of compliments on them! Yours look great! What's the print on Claire's blanket? A horse? I'm going to share your blog address with a friend who has asked me how to make these recently. Is that ok?

Colleen Pollock-Patience said...

Of course you can share the address. Claire's is a horse. She has used it every night since it was made! We are going to make them for Claire and Daniel's cousins for Christmas too.

Creative Freakin' Genius said...

Those ARE awesome. I will forward the directions to my Mom - expert Sighthound Woobie Creator. ( You don't expect ME to make them, do you? Ha! )